Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cleaning Out The Fridge

Late last week, I read a post on a blog I follow A Slob Comes Clean called "Cleaning out the Fridge" and I kept thinking to myself....man do I need to clean out my fridge. But like many, I procrastinated....just didn't do it because I wasn't in the mood was lazy! There I said it!

Like the author, Nony, I took hadn't cleaned out my fridge in a while. I can't say "since I don't know when" because I swear I just recently cleaned it out at least 2-3 months ago. But, unlike Nony, I did not take a photo of everything I was cleaning and all the disgusting mess in there! Technically, it really wasn't THAT messy. It just needed to be reorganized. I even cleaned out the freezer.

This is my before photo of both the fridge and freezer. The blue handled pitcher in the fridge, really doesn't need an explanation, but it has been so darned windy lately that the wind knocked a gallon of milk off my tailgate as I was reaching for more groceries and broke the gallon. Thankfully hubby was able to save the milk today! And don't ask about all the beer bottles on the bottom rack of our fridge as we don't drink beer and they have been in there since hubby's last "man trip" last year. Our poor freezer, each trip from the store just crams more CRAP into our freezer!


After about 30 minutes of rearranging, tossing and cleaning shelves, we get this

Before fridge


After fridge (not sure why photo is sorta blue) 
Look at ALL that space!!!

Before freezer

After freezer. Ignore the spot on the bottom of freezer as I hadn't got that cleaned up yet.

That was a task I believe EVERYONE should partake in at least once a month.

1 comment:

Nony the Slob said...

Great job! The freezer difference is amazing.