Thursday, October 20, 2011

30 Days of Me - Day 29

Day 29 - In the past month, what have you learned?

In the past month, I have learned there are times where I have to leave the room, the house, etc just to calm my nerves and hope that no one takes offense to it. 
A big thing I have learned is to calm all my senses and think about what I am about to say before really saying it. As well as saying what I am really thinking and not just dancing around the matter. Doing that has really helped me have conversations with people I may not have had conversations with before. 

I have learned a bit more about myself than what I already knew, how to express myself is just one way but another is NOT being afraid of expressing myself. I have learned that being myself is not a bad thing, that we are all individuals and that is what makes me different. I have learned that there are people out there that do care and want to help so I have learned to open up to them and share what I am feeling and accept their help.

More things I have learned are ways to make myself happy. Whether that be taking a really hot long shower, going out for drinks with the girls, pinning on Pinterest, reading a book, playing Solitaire or Tetris on my phone in a quiet room, or just watching a movie on Netflix. I have learned that *I* have to be happy to.

1 comment:

Chris said...

It's good that you're learning how to control what you say, and I think leaving the room to calm yourself is a good thing. People who know you will learn to understand your need for doing so.

It would be so nice to have an undo button just like I have in Photoshop, for some of the words I blurt out. Saying things, before thinking them out, gets me into trouble at times.