Saturday, May 28, 2011

Neglectful...nah, Just Busy!

I feel I have been neglecting my blog lately but in honesty, I have just been very busy. I've actually been so busy, I truly don't remember half of the week. How sad.

We had some friends over Saturday evening until about Sunday at 3am. It started out around 10pm watching the Mavs' game and then ended in drinking in the garage.

Sunday, hubby and I went to Lowes for some materials for a welding job he was doing and there (it must've been Doggie Day) I saw 2 Pure Bred White Shepherds (in the German Shepherd family). Gorgeous dogs. I claimed that I had to have one. Now, that is just the task...to find one!
Afterwards, we went to Cavendar's Boot City where I tried on, literally, about 12 pairs of jeans. I ended up with a Wrangler's size 5/6! I'm very excited as most of my jeans are a size 12 or close to it so I am happy to have lost so much weight.
I was hoping to get to ride some horses that day since the lady hubby was doing the welding job for owned 3 horses. Instead, I got to help brush them and then snap some photos of them. I have only edited one so far so here you can see a sneak peek.

And here is the man doing his job.


Later that evening, we were so hot, so tired and yet so very hungry we took a trip to the local Dickie's restaurant where I filled up on the special of the day: The Pulled Pork Plate! YUMMY!

Sunday evening it got REALLY bad outside to the point I thought we were going to lose power but to our luck it didn't happen but the boys and I put together a Lion King puzzle while we waited out the storm. I got the puzzle from my late Grammy whenever she passed (we found it in her house) and the box was never opened until now. We miss and love ya Grammy!


Monday it rained on and off but we ran some errands in the morning and when the sun came out I ran to the grocery store. That same day, I started a hunt for some damask print fabric for a photo shoot I had this week but didn't have any luck. I did find a great curtain panel at Target with a similar print that you can check out on my recent shoot at Photography By Teresa Blog.

Tuesday, I steam cleaned and mopped the floors most the day. I also attempted to have a go at making grated hashbrowns from real potatoes for the very first time. It turned my dish towel a gray color from squeezing the moisture from them but they turned out pretty decent. Will try another technique next time and see if I can get better at it!
That same evening was when Dallas/Fort Worth was hit with many tornadoes but thankfully they went around us. While everyone was ducking for cover and trying to stay safe, my boys were watching tv/movie while I was baking Peanut Butter Cookies and hubby was at work (where he ended up taking cover from a tornado).
Some what clear skies when all the tornadoes were around us

And then the storms hit 

my first ever lightening bolt on camera. 
Wednesday, I vacuumed and steam cleaned some more. 
I even went back to the T-mobile store as my phone has been acting wonky since I got a new upgrade early April. I have since then received a new device via store, a new device via mail, a new battery and now another new device via mail sometime this coming week. If this one doesn't work, I will be able to upgrade to another phone! FINALLY!!!

Thursday I had a photo session with some former church members whom I went to church with years ago. It was for their 3 yr old granddaughter/daughter (it was a mom and daughter team!) 
The mom of the little girl has a side business whom I've mentioned here before Signs By LC. I received 3 pairs of earrings from her that same day and I am in love with them. Check her out and tell her Teresa sent you! She has great products and great prices. 
Hearts with Rhinestones

Me wearing the hearts with rhinestones
Thursday evening, we had a friend of hubby's come over and tattoo a good friend of mine's foot. That was an interesting night to say the least. She had about a 12 pack of beer (I'm sure of it...yes she stayed the night as I didn't let her drive anywhere) and he left purple tattoo ink all over my dining table and my dining room wall (which is white). Ya, I am not a happy person to say the least. 
You can kind of see her 'prison' tattoo (one a friend free styled and drew by hand)
And her cover up job freshly after he finished.
Friday, we watched a friend of mine's son while she went to work. That afternoon, hubby took lil man, the friend's son and I to the lake where we all (except hubby) soaked our toes in the water. 
my feet in the water
Lil Man's first time ever in the water. 
Today, we have had a neighbor who is a plumber over fixing our busted pipe that froze and busted in our garage this past winter. We had 3 cracks that need fixing. 

So ya, I haven't been neglecting you fine great readers, I have just had a busy week. 

No comments: