Saturday, May 14, 2011

Who Cares What Others Think!?!?!?

I always have to tell myself (whether it be true or not) that God created the idiots for us intelligent not-so-idiotic people to be entertained. I see or hear of someone doing something dumb or idiotic at least once a day. Typically more if I am driving to my mother's. Slow drivers, drivers without blinkers, Nascar driver wanna-bes, and then those drivers who make you wonder IF they have ever driven in their life.

I am stating now that I am going to try to make a commitment to myself to not let anything bother me anymore. No more road rage, no more crying over spilled milk and no more feeling offensive when someone tells me my nose is too big or my thighs are huge. We are all different and not one single person is perfect.

So what if I bite my nails?
So what if my toe nail polish is chipped?
Who cares if my knees are ashy?
Why do you care if my hair is a mess?
So what if I have a true Italian nose?
Who cares if my thighs are the size of a horse's thigh....just means it is muscular?
So what if I walk down the stree barefoot?
Why do you care if I blare country music from my car radio?
Who cares if I sing in the shower?
So what if I cry during an emotional part of a TV show or movie?
Why do you care if I go the speed limit?
So what if I like crushed ice?

These are who I am. I have always lived my life wanting to please others and caring what others thought of me or what I did. Not anymore. I am who I am and if I don't like something, I will change it myself. Hence the reason I have tried to lose weight and hence the reason I am trying to grow my hair out. Those things make me feel better about myself, so I do it to make ME happy.

On top of that, I will try to keep telling myself not to let anything bother me. If I don't like that you are driving 10 mph under the speed limit, I will not flip you the bird or honk my horn or yell in my car (because we ALL know that you can hear me, right?!?!). Instead, I will just turn on my blinker (ya don't forget that) and move to another lane. If one of the kids spills a cup of milk, water or juice or whatever, well they know where the towels are, they can clean it up! Okay, okay, I may help but I will not yell at them as I know it was just an accident (I would hope!) I will not get all upset when someone has ate all the donuts, cookies, or sweets because personally I like to look slim and if you don't, well that is your choice, not mine. We watch enough Biggest Loser in this house, they should know how the story will end!

Okay, end of rant. Just had to get it off my chest.

Just remember, you are beautiful just the way you are!

No comments: