Monday, August 8, 2011

Sausage And Roasted Garlic Risotto

I have to say this is by far (this year) my favorite recipe and it is so simple to make. It originally called for chicken but I love the taste of sausage more because it isn't so bland or dry. I also didnt have any veggies to put in it and it still tasted great to me!

Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used an entire link of Hillshire Farms sausage..comes in a U shape cut in big chunks)
1 tablespoon(s) butter
1 can(s) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can(s) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic Soup
2 cup(s) water
2 cup(s) instant white rice
1 cup(s) peas

Directions

1) Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken (or meat of your choice) and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken (or meat of your choice)from the skillet.

2) Stir the soups and water in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the rice and vegetables. Return the chicken (or meat of your choice) to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken (or meat of your choice) is cooked through. Remove the skillet from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Tip: Traditionally, risotto is made by sautéeing rice in butter then stirring broth into the rice a little at a time- very labor-intensive. This dish gives you the same creamy texture with a lot less work!


It says it serves 4 but I was able to serve 6-8 with this recipe
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min

If you try this, let me know what you think of it! All my boys (except the youngest of course) enjoyed it!


No comments: