Thursday, August 11, 2011

Stone Cold Shflurf

The heck is a Shflurf!!?!?!?? Try to say it. Now imagine a 5 year old saying it! Apparently they are in every happy meal right now. They also tend to be a bit blue in color with white pants and hats! Ohhhhhhh, a SMURF!

Yesterday, my lil man turned 5 and it breaks my heart every time I say that I have a 5 yr old. Well he got a happy meal and told me later on in the day he had a Shflurf. It took me a while to realize what it was and the only way I figured it out was because he showed me! So, after he said it a few times, I thought it became fun to say and I say it a lot now and it gets a lot of giggles out of him.

Today, a day later, I decide to do some photos of my newly turned 5 yr old.

Here is how the morning went.

First he didn't want to get out of his Iron Man pajama pants to get dressed in the outfit I wanted him in but when I got him changed, he decided to roll on the floor. Excuse these poor photos as these are all SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera)




But eventually he made his way onto the studio flooring




Then we got to the idea of I-will-sit-and-look-miserable



So, as you can see, not all photographers have excellent children. They are not all angels. I even bribed him with gummy worms, candy, snacks, video games, his party coming up this weekend and all I got was more moping.

Therefore, the Shflurf came in handy because I started to say that and this is what I got.




So now you see, all you have to do is say something silly or act silly to get the reaction you want.

To see more from this session, check me out at my photography blog at Photography By Teresa Blog or at my Photography By Teresa Facebook

No comments: