Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Invisible Circus

No, I am not a child of the 60s or 70s and did not experience THIS kind of "invisible circus" as the characters did in this book but at times I feel I did live in some sort of invisible circus.
This is a very good read.


There are 4 parts to this novel and each part is more intriguing than the next. Even sometimes I couldn't put the book down in fear that I will miss something. It is almost like I am living in this novel or watching from the outside in. If I put the book down and close it, it is like Toy Story, it will come alive and I will not be aware of it. There are other times I feel I have to close the book as I feel I am a stranger watching the lives of these characters unfold and most times at the most intimate moments. I feel it is not my place to know what they do behind closed doors or how they inner heart feels.
Phoebe is in search of the truth of how her older sister died. But in my mind, is that really what she is searching for?? Or is she searching for her inner self, her soul, her true being; a being that just wants to be noticed and loved just as much as her older sister was?
I could go on and on, but I wont as I dont want to ruin any moment of this book for you.
Go to your local library or local book store and grab this one off the shelf. It is definitely a good read!

No comments: