Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Soup, anyone?

I do not frequent Chili's restaurant very often, but when I do, I make sure to grab a cup or sometimes a bowl of their Chicken Enchilada Soup. It is very delicious! I was saying to my husband at Chili's the other night, man I wish I knew how to make this because I would eat it all the time. Okay, maybe not because I am sure it would get old fast but I can't get enough of it. YUMMY!
He then told me you can Google the recipes from any restaurant. SAY WHAT????
So, tonight, I did just that and here you go my fellow bloggers/readers....the recipe to that OH SO DELICIOUS Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup:

  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup chicken base
  • 3 cups diced yellow onions
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 2 cups Masa Harina (Mexican flour)
  • 4 quarts water (divided)
  • 2 cups crushed tomatoes
  • 1/2 pound processed American cheese (Velveeta works great!), cut into small cubes
  • 3 pounds cooked, cubed chicken breast
  • Mixed cheese shreds, fresh pico de gallo, and crunchy tortilla strips
The Directions:
  1. In large pot, combine oil, chicken base, onion, and spices. Saute until onions are soft and clear (about 5 minutes).
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine Masa Harina with 1 quart water. Stir until all lumps dissolve.
  3. Add Masa Harina “rue” to sauteed onions, bring to a boil. Once mixture starts to bubble, continue cooking 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. This will eliminate any raw taste from Masa Harina.
  4. Add tomatoes and remaining 3 quarts water to pot. Let mixture return to boil stirring occasionally.
  5. Add American cheese (or Velveeta) to soup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts.
  6. Add chicken; heat through.
  7. Ladel into soup bowls.
  8. Top with mixed cheese shreds, pico de gallo, and tortilla strips.
  9. Enjoy your Chili’s Enchilada Soup!
And as soon as I figure out if I can get all these ingredients from Walmart, I will be making soup for dinner and EVERYONE will eat it whether they like it or not *ha ha*
ENJOY!!

No comments: