He then told me you can Google the recipes from any restaurant. SAY WHAT????
So, tonight, I did just that and here you go my fellow bloggers/readers....the recipe to that OH SO DELICIOUS Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chicken base
- 3 cups diced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Masa Harina (Mexican flour)
- 4 quarts water (divided)
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound processed American cheese (Velveeta works great!), cut into small cubes
- 3 pounds cooked, cubed chicken breast
- Mixed cheese shreds, fresh pico de gallo, and crunchy tortilla strips
- In large pot, combine oil, chicken base, onion, and spices. Saute until onions are soft and clear (about 5 minutes).
- In a mixing bowl, combine Masa Harina with 1 quart water. Stir until all lumps dissolve.
- Add Masa Harina “rue” to sauteed onions, bring to a boil. Once mixture starts to bubble, continue cooking 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. This will eliminate any raw taste from Masa Harina.
- Add tomatoes and remaining 3 quarts water to pot. Let mixture return to boil stirring occasionally.
- Add American cheese (or Velveeta) to soup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts.
- Add chicken; heat through.
- Ladel into soup bowls.
- Top with mixed cheese shreds, pico de gallo, and tortilla strips.
- Enjoy your Chili’s Enchilada Soup!