Seeing as I LOVE Nicholas Sparks AND I have a few "book worm" readers, I thought I would throw this challenge out to you all.
I found this challenge (again) at Keenly Kristin's blog this and I am sorta loving this idea!! I say sorta because I am a stay at home mom now that I lost my job so yes, I will have more time to read but on the other hand, I have a 4 yr old constantly needing attention. I have read Message in a Bottle as well as Nights in Rodanthe before and I was so in love with those books. I actually have seen The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, A Walk to Remember, and The Guardian. I am going to start off with the lower level of reading as I am not really sure how many books I can read as well as buy since I don't own any of them except Nights in Rodanthe nor do I own a Nook or Kindle (that would be great).
What do you think? Join in!! If you're interested, here are the details:
Nicholas Sparks Reading Challenge
hosted by The Book VixenDetails:
* Runs January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011(books read prior to 1/1/11 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime – Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
* The goal is to read or re-read as many Nicholas Sparks novels as you’d like. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
* Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
* Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine.
* You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them. It is not required that you review the books you read for this challenge but feel free to do so.
* Post this reading challenge on your blog so you can keep a list of the books you’ve read for this challenge. Please include a link back to this post so readers can join the challenge too.
* You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. You can keep tabs on books you’ve read for this challenge on Goodreads or LibraryThing if you’d like (maybe make a shelf for “Nicholas Sparks Reading Challenge”). If you are not on either of those sites then you can list the books you read for this challenge in the comments on my wrap-up post, which will be up at the end of 2011.
First Date – Read 1–4 Nicholas Sparks novels
Going Steady – Read 5–8 Nicholas Sparks novels
Engaged – Read 9–12 Nicholas Sparks novels
Married – Read 13–16 Nicholas Sparks novels
List of Nicholas Sparks novels:
Message in a Bottle
A Walk to Remember
A Bend in the Road
Nights in Rodanthe
Three Weeks With My Brother
True Believer (read this first, before At First Sight)
At First Sight (read this after True Believer)
The Lucky One
The Last Song