Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 06: Who They Love

Kelly from Willette {Classic Children's Portraiture} is hosting this Joy of Love course for the entire month of February.

Workshop class #6 was documenting something your spouse, child, pet, etc loves. I decided today to photograph my 4 yr old with something he loves dearly. His "night night" aka Winnie the Pooh. My mother gave him his first Winnie the Pooh at his very first Christmas. He carried that thing EVERYWHERE and I am not sure how many times it was taking a "bath" in the washing machine. Ended up, he ate (yes, he did) the ears off the poor thing and even part of his hand. Early last year (I believe) I went to San Antonio with my younger brother. There, we went to the local mall and stopped at the Disney store. I could not resist when I saw another Winnie the Pooh so I bought it and took him home to my son. He sleeps with it, hence the name "night night" and carries it with him all over the house and on every vacation.
The camera lesson for the day was to keep practicing with metering and selecting focal points. I had terrible lighting in my living room and so my ISO was really high as due to having a non prime lens, I believe my aperture was f/4 so I couldn't really open it any wider. If I would've just opened the blinds to the 3 windows in there I would've had great light but I am coward and didn't want to let in the cold from opening the blinds!


No comments: