Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spring Cleaning

What is it about Spring weather and having the windows open that make a human being want to clean the house? I have never understood that. Today, I kept telling myself....I need to start cleaning the house. Well, I sat, and I sat and I decided to sit a little bit longer until I looked at my desk and looked around the office and said to myself "oh my Lord, how did things get to be this way?" Laziness was my first response. Yes, I talk to myself, so? I then decided that I might as well start with the office because next month, March, the office will become a bedroom. I cannot say why, just wait for that post next month sometime! Actually, I started with the closet in the office because technically this is the 4th bedroom in our 4 bedroom house. This closet is filled with everything from holiday decor to boxes upon boxes of cords, cables, electrical stuff, computer stuff, etc of hubby's. You know, my way of thinking is "if it hasn't been used in the past year and may not ever be used then trash it" but all Hell would break loose if I were to throw out the pack rat's crap! Ha!
Okay, so the office closet is not completely cleaned out but at least you can see the floor in there! That is a plus, right? My desk is cleaned and even dusted with cheap Walmart Pledge (don't judge---it still does the job) and even the floors are vacuumed!
I felt very accomplished so I decided to do some laundry while I was at it. I have folded/put away 1 load and I have one load in the dryer. Because our dryer is obviously dumb and slow, I have to wait until that load is SOMEWHAT dry before starting another load in the washer. I still have at least 2-3 loads left to do before the night is over.
After folding the laundry, I cleaned the island off in our kitchen. Now you can put a nice tiki hut on it and maybe roast a pig! Kidding. Ha ha! It is actually so clean you can see your reflection in it. Now THAT is clean. The kitchen and dining also got swept but I have yet to mop the floors. The dining table got cleaned, the dishes got put away, the living room got vacuumed, the entry way got swept and I even had time to work with my little man on his flashcards and writing his name.
I am actually ready for a nap. BUT....no time for that. I have such a bad headache though. Too bad, I am in the process of working on marketing material for my photography as well as sipping on a Root Beer because it has been 10 days since I last drank a Dr Pepper. I am not sure if I have lost any weight because of the lack of soda but I actually feel a bit healthier if that is even possible.
So, how did you spend your Saturday?

No comments: