Monday, August 16, 2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

This is me, senior year of high school. I graduated in 2002.....yes, I am old but still young enough! Notice the bangs.....those are what made me "famous" *chuckle*
A few days before graduation, I wanted to get my hair trimmed so I took my broke little self to the local "Pro Cuts". That was the last time I stepped foot into one of those stores.....at least for myself. I told them NOT to touch the bangs and they trimmed 2 inches OFF of them so I had literally NO BANGS left. That is how I came to look like this:

This was actually taken in 2004, 2 years after I graduated and after I just stepped foot out of a "Regis" hair salon. No bangs! Yay! I had no bangs for about 5 years. *Also, note, that is my natural hair color*
Out of the blue, I decided I wanted to be spontaneous and crazy and color my hair a different color with some high lights as well as go back to some bangs.
I contacted an old high school friend who is a hairstylist and she agreed at a reasonable price to give me this look
 with this color
And VOILA here I am now


I am IN LOVE with it. After a few days, yes I will admit the bangs were getting on my nerves but I had to RE-train my hair to do what I wanted it to do. The hairstyle is so versatile as well. Here are other ways I have styled it.
 bangs to the side
 bangs pulled back
and everyone's fave...including my hubby and my mom is curled (because I have naturally curly hair)

I was brave, I trusted someone to do my hair and she did it wonderfully. I am already thinking of going back but going a bit more blonde this time. I am deathly afraid of blonde hair but everyone says the highlights look great and they think I will look good blonde. Hmmmm, we will see.

No comments: