Friday, August 20, 2010

Interview with My Mother

Yes, it sounds silly to interview my mom but hey, this blog is basically about how alike we are or how much I act/sound like her. So, therefore, I wanted to give my readers an insight on what kind of person my mother is.

This is my mother, Wendy.

Why did your parents give you your name?
My sister named me Wendy because she knew that was my mom's favorite name - and it also had something to do with Peter Pan!


What is your birthdate?
Almost 49 years ago! (*have to add she doesn't look that old, does she?*)

Where was your birthplace?
Close to Beavercreek, Ohio (*sidenote, I was born in Dayton, Ohio*)


What was the happiest moment of your life?
When I married my husband, the birth of my 4 kids, the birth of 3 grandsons!

What was the saddest moment of your life?
Losing my grandparents, my brother and my mom

What are you proudest of in your life?
That I've kept my sanity through all you kids! and that I decided to go back to college! (*I am so proud of her for going back to school and also maintaining a 4.0 GPA! GO MOM!!!)

Is there anything that you've never told me but want to tell me now?
I am so over "drama"!  (*darn it...that told me NOTHING* chuckles)


Can I look in your purse? (*should I be scared?*)
Sure!


If so, what things would I find?
It has a black hole - so everything in the universe! My billfold, pictures of family, important papers that I seem to need every time I turn around, lipstick, a comb, checkbook, receipts, a bag of lifesavers, cologne, keys, and kleenex (*sometimes I wonder if my purse has a black hole because when I need to find something I can't and then I find it later when I get home....oh and are there any pennies in that black hole?*)

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Chocolate! (Specifically Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate) 

What did you want to be when you were 10 years old? 
An Oscar-winning actress, a writer and a good singer (yeah, well I was delusional - on the singing part!) (*Wow, something I didn't know that I know now!*)

Do you think it’s easier or harder to be a mother now than when you were raising our family?
Easier! I've learned a lot from you four! 

What’s one of the best places you’ve ever traveled?
With my parents from Ohio through the US and Canada to California and then back again the fall we went to Disneyland!

What’s one place you’d still like to visit and why?
Someplace with my husband (because we NEVER get an "alone" vacation!) I'd love to see Australia, the UK, Europe, and New England. (*wouldn't we all want that "alone" time with our hubbys....well I have had a few times and want more. But would also love to go to those places you mentioned as well)

What’s one of the nicest things you’ve ever done for yourself?
Tried to have some time alone during the day to only focus on me 

What was your first car? 
a 1975 Red Chevy 4-door Nova. It was 3 years old and my Grandad bought it for me. (*not her car but here is one I pulled up on Googled*)



What’s the one thing you would have done differently as a mom?
Given some of you a better beginning to your life, praised and rewarded more, hugged more, listened better, and been a little more patient (*You hug a lot at least now a days so you are making up for all those missed hugs.....though I dont remember any missed. Don't we all which we would listen better and be a bit more patient?*)

Is my personality the same now as it was when I was younger? Tell me how I am the same or different.
Yes - you still wear your heart on your sleeve; you care and love deeply; for awhile you still waffled back and forth on your (ex) Best friend; you are still sweet!

What kinds of things did your mom and dad do with you that you have tried to do differently with us?
Their divorce was "messy" so I tried to spare you kids from that type of "mess". They "forbid" this or that and I tried not to do that - that doesn't mean I didn't give my very strong opinion! They made me share all of my toys with my niece and nephew but I never made you kids do that with your siblings - only some things that I considered "community" toys.

At last but least, for the sake of the blog (and the title), the last couple questions:

In what ways do you think I’m like you?
Oh, where do I begin?! Well for starters - you are starting to sound like me! You like to cook, scrapbook, do crafts, have a deep faith, like a lot of the same actors/actresses, movies & TV shows, and we share the same Zodiac! And we both want the last word!

In what ways am I not like you?
You're not as wise - yet! (*If I wasn't wise enough, I think I would've taken that as an insult* chuckles)

1 comment:

wendy said...

that looks like my car!