Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Sound Like My Mother

Ha, I laugh each time I say that in my head or out loud. Even my mom laughs about it. I came up with this blog name because I DO sound like my mom. I can be getting onto the kids and after I say something I announce OUT LOUD "Oh crap, I sound like my mother." There are even times when my husband or my own mother have to let me in on when I sound like my mom. I love my mom; she is my best friend and I would not trade it for the world. Yes, at times I wish I could sound like me and not her but she is wise and knows well.

Okay, so...I mentioned "kids". Yes, I have 2. Well, I didn't HAVE 2 kids but I raise 2 kids. I have a 15 yr old step son who will be in 9th grade this year. OMG (oh my gosh!!) where did time go? The first time I met my step son was when he was 7 and his dad and I went to pick him up from 3rd grade. I am not sure if I should be expecting a bunch of girls or ONE girl (friend) coming to our house or if I should be anticipating a bunch of teenage boys in my house. Not ready for that one! I better get the pantry stocked up JUST in case! For blogging and safety purposes, I will just call him in the blog "step son". I am sure you guys can be smart enough to figure that one out!

I also have a 4 yr old lil man. He is the light of my life. He teaches me a lot without even knowing it! My nephew was about his age when I found out I was pregnant. My last name starts with an M and so we got to calling my "baby bean" M&M. Therefore that is what he will be referred to in this blog. He loves playing the PS3 and yes he is VERY smart when it comes to that contraption. He loves "lego" games. Right now he has and still does play Batman Lego as well as the Indiana Jones Lego.

I am also a married woman. I have been married almost 5 years now come October. Wow, can't believe out of all the tough times and rocky roads, we have almost made it to 5 years. My husband may be 9 years older than me but as I tell everyone "so what, age doesn't matter".

I work as a sales associate as well as a mommy. Being a mommy is a 24/7 job and that job is NEVER ENDING. I love my job at Rally House (where I work). The employees are AWESOME. I couldn't ask for better. I am not even sure they get better than that! My DM (District Manager) as well as Manager are the COOLEST people to work for. I have only been working for a little while now and already in training to be a key holder for the store as well as do some "managerial" stuff so that way the manager and sales lead can take some time off!

This is my blog about being a LONG TIME stay at home mommy and what I learned, being a working mommy and making time for family and friends, being a wife, being a friend, and pretty much just about me being me sounding like my mother!

No comments: