Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Seeds

When it comes to Halloween, my favorite part about the holiday besides getting dressed up and getting candy is PUMPKIN SEEDS.
I am an addict. Hey, first step is always admitting...or is that denial? Oh well. I am an addict to pumpkin seeds and I will admit it.
I have yet to carve my 5 pumpkins in my house to get the seeds yet but I will eventually.
Therefore, I am stealing a post from What Mama Wants on how to make the perfect Baked Pumpkin Seeds
Photo Courtesy: What Mama Wants

After you clean the seeds, soak them in salt water at least 30 minutes

Photo Courtesy: What Mama Wants

 Drain the seeds and toss them with olive oil

Photo Courtesy: What Mama Wants

 Spread them on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 1 hour

Yes, it is as simple as 1, 2, 3...after you scoop the seeds out of the yucky slimy inside of the pumpkin but in the end it is SOOOOO worth it!
If you have any other pumpkin seed recipes you have used in the past, please let me know. I am up to trying to pumpkin seed flavors!


3 comments:

Life, Laughter and Paris said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing. I love pumpkin seeds too (and sunflower seeds). They're all addictive!

Teresa said...

Ohhh I love Sunflower Seeds as well. I have tried almost every flavor of sunflower seeds out there!

The Frantic Mother. said...

Hey I have a really simple one. preheat oven 350 cook time 35 min After you get your seeds out, wash them then let them dry (I used my blow drier for a quick one) After you are done spray pan with no stick spray, back seeds for 20 min take out put brown sugar or your choice of spice cook for 15 more min..eat..that is the one I am trying tonight. I have pictures up on facebook